Will you find my tiny love?
Can you take it far above?
Are you gonna make me care
Even when I am afraid?

Will you wrap my brittle love?
I wanna know if you may not
just gobble my silly love
when holding it with tender arms

Are you the one who'll bring the joy
of denuding my messy love?
Will you save it or will you run
by meeting my grubby love?

Oh, this finicky and ninny, this deep love of mine,
what have ever made it so naive?
Sing me sweet, mild lullabies,
And you may get my smoothy love.

Comentários

  1. it's good to have you back, at the unstable labor of poetry... but we really know what this mean...

    Emily Dickinson - I Died For Beauty

    I died for beauty, but was scarce
    Adjusted in the tomb,
    When one who died for truth was lain
    In an adjoining room.

    He questioned softly why I failed?
    "For beauty," I replied.
    "And I for truth - the two are one;
    We brethren are," he said.

    And so, as kinsmen met a-night,
    We talked between the rooms,
    Until the moss had reached our lips,
    And covered up our names.

    ResponderExcluir

Postar um comentário

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

A Saudade das Folhas